Welcome to 2017! This is my fourth year of blogging and again this year I am changing the style of my blog, but this year in a big way! Usually I just changed themes and let WordPress do all the work, and I filled in the blanks, but this year I went all out and started from scratch! I changed the name somewhat too, from (TheTravelLadyInHerShoes) to (ThatTravelLadyInHerShoes) So if you are one of my 1100 followers I hope you will follow me on my new site!
Just sign up to follow the new blog through your EMAIL. You can do this at the bottom of the page in the blue area under EMAIL. Your email addresses are not shared. I think that my new website looks
very nice awesome on the computer. Especially since it fills the entire screen, that’s why I wanted something new. I didn’t like all the wasted space on last year’s blog site, although the dark color did make the photos pop! So that’s the newest of the newest for 2017! I look forward to hearing from you!
PS The Old Blog will not be taken down, I have too much effort in it and good stuff too. So, you can still go there and look around…….I just will not be posting there. There are personal links in the blue space at the bottom of this page where you can switch back and forth between blogs.
In 2017 My About hasn’t changed all that much except I am older! I still love to travel, but I especially like going to the UK every year, since I started the Garden Tours. I pick a specific area to base in and then ramble about the countryside to see Homes and Gardens in the National Trust and specific gardens in the National Garden Scheme. I have been in the most fantastic gardens and learned so much about the people that garden them! I try to pick a different area of the UK every year. Where am I headed this year? I am working on it!
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you. Great travels to you!
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days)
5. I think Akita’s are beautiful, loving and smart.
6. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
7. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie.
8. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
9. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
10. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
11. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
12. My camera is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.