It’s 2018 already and I can’t believe it! 2017 was a very busy year for me! This is my fifth year that I have been doing a photo journal/blog of my travels! Last year I went all out and changed everything about my blog. That is what you are looking at now! However, I had so many interesting travel posts on my previous blog that it is still available too, although I no longer post there. There are lots of adventures and countries on that blog as well and they are all different from what I have posted on this blog. We keep adding new spots each year! The old blog is HERE if you would like to check that out as well!
This year my hubby and I changed our travel plans up a bit and went on our first cruise ever! We did it in the most grandiose way, traveling on the new Explorer ship from the Regent Seven Seas Line, which is the only 6-star fleet! We started our cruise in the UK again, but in a new spot for us and traveled to France, Spain and Portugal. We had such a fabulous time that we are doing another cruise this year! We will be traveling to 11 countries in 21 days! Wow! We are very excited about this cruise and I will be documenting all of it! We have traveled in 24 countries now! I am glad we take so many photos, we average 4000 per trip. We have discovered so many interesting things as well, and I am sure I will always cherish keeping the photos and writing about our adventures. It is so easy to forget exactly what you have seen!
Another new first for me will be taking all my photos on my iPhone from now on. Last year I discovered it was just so much easier to deal with. I took my camera, lens, chargers, etc. and never took them out of their cases on the cruise. Since we scuttled along at such a quick pace and had “heads and bodies” to contend with it was just easier to click and move on! I think my photos didn’t suffer either! So, this year I will be traveling with less photo stuff!
My ABOUT has remained the same. I still love the same ol’ stuff! But, I have a new passion! I am an avid wogger/jogger. I don’t run. After all, I am 70! And, I don’t want to injure myself and not be able to travel! I average 7-8 miles a day and do many virtual miles with YES.FIT. If you are thinking of a way to get your fanny off the couch, this may be for you! I accepted the challenge to do 2018 miles in 2018 as well!
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty-five years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you. Great travels to you!
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days)
5. I think Akita’s are beautiful, loving and smart.
6. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
7. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie.
8. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
9. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
10. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
11. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
camera IPhone is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.
13. I am a YES-FIT addict!