Hellooooo 2019! This is the sixth year that I have been doing a photo journal/blog of my travels! 2018 was a fun and productive year and we have a lot more travels on the horizon! We have discovered how much we love to cruise…….of course that is on the fabulous Regent 6-star fleet! This year we will be going to the Scandinavian countries for a month. And, since hubby is now officially retired I have planned monthly “outings.” These travels will be closer to home and feature gardens and more. There is nothing better than discovering a new garden or restaurant in my view! I have been doing the SIX ON SATURDAY Challenge, hosted by the Propagator, and will continue with it. It’s six photos. Of Gardens. Posted On Saturday. Easy Peasy. My Six On Saturday posts were my most viewed posts of last year! We are still taking lots of photos, but have ditched the fancy camera and all the extra gear. Now, it is just our IPhones! I don’t think our photos have suffered either, so that is a win-win!
I kept up with my physical fitness walking and walked over 2018 miles in 2018, reaching my goal for the year. I still love walking with the Fitness App, YES.FIT. If you are thinking of a way to get your fanny off the couch, this may be for you! As a matter of fact their first walk this year is the Coach Potato! So, I am also learning all about being a couch potato too! I don’t want to be a couch potato! But, where did that term come from? Do the virtual walk and see!
I hope to meet many new friends this year. One of the best things about traveling is meeting new people! I have started out this year learning Norwegian……………..on Duolingo. I love languages and I think I have just about enough time to get the basics before our cruise. At least I will be able to say hellooo! We will be spending two weeks in Norway, the longest time of the trip so I thought Norwegian it should be! Oh, there is so much to do and see………life just gets better the older you get!
I hope you have a great 2019! Let me know what you are up to!
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty-five years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you. Great travels to you!
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days)
5. I think Akita’s are beautiful, loving and smart. (Our beautiful Akita, Bella, died this year (2018) and we miss her so!
6. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
7. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie. (How did I ever cook without an Instantpot?)
8. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
9. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
10. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
11. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
camera IPhone is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.
13. I am a YES-FIT addict!