Hellooooo 2022! This is the ninth year that I have been doing a photo journal/blog of my travels! Gosh, I can’t believe I have been doing this for eight years! I slowed waaaaaaaay down with the blogging after June of last year, thinking I\we’d be on the go again, but no, everything was cancelled, well really moved up. And, the dates kept moving up and up and up! 2021 was a hot mess, especially for us travelers! I hope things will be much better for everyone this year, but the forecast right now is not looking too great! In 2020, we continued with some interstate travel, but eventually, had to cancel all international travel and re-schedule them for 2022!! What a bummer! We have cruises planned for two months this year and I hope they are a go! Otherwise, they will be moved to 2023……… I don’t want them cancelled, because we really have some exotic places (well exotic to me) picked out for 2022 and I don’t want to miss out on any of them! And, I’m not getting any younger! Fingers crossed!
I still enjoy the SIX ON SATURDAY Challenge, hosted by the Propagator, and will continue with it. Its six photos. Of Gardens. Posted On Saturday. Easy Peasy. I got kinda tired of taking photos of my own garden…….it changes so little. This year, I must do more photos of other gardens, which I love anyway……It’s just a matter of what’s open and when…….. or scouting out the neighborhoods!
My walking habit suffered this year too! My, I sound so depressing! It gets soooooooo hot here, so quickly, and I find I just can’t be out for very long in the heat anymore! I still love walking with the Fitness App, YES.FIT. If you are thinking of a way to get your fanny off the couch, this may be for you! I am way below my average, so I need to work on that this year, come what may! With YES.FIT you can walk at your own pace on a virtual trail. You pick the trail for you and learn along the way too! Try the virtual walk and see if it is for you! The App logs your miles for you! It’s fun to see how far you can go and it may be that the walks/trails are the only traveling we get to do this year! I hope not, but who knows?
Last New Year, I bit the bullet and left FB and Twitter……they were just getting to be too much for me! I felt sure they were watching every turn I made! Best decision I ever made! I don’t miss them at all!
At the end of December, 2019, I started a new language with Duolingo. I loved Norway so much and wanted to go back. So, I thought I would begin my studies……..in Norwegian. If you like foreign language study you can’t beat Duolingo for a starter course! It is free……..it is fun……and you will be surprised how much you can learn……Duolingo has added many more features to their lineup, since I have been using it. In total, I have studied the Italian and French courses to the end, twice! Now, I’m on to Norwegian! Clubs are new and they meet online and are scheduled for the beginner through advanced. This way you can also speak with a native and meet other new learners….it is done with ZOOM.
An Update on my Norwegian course……..I am still loving it! There is just something about Norway that I am drawn to and I love the language! If all else fails and Norway is open to travelers, and if the cruises fall through, I might just go to Norway for a month……this time I will be able to speak in their language….. Writing this also reminded me, I never finished up my posts on Oslo. That will be on my to-do list first thing in the New Year!
I hope to meet many new friends this year. One of the best things about traveling is meeting new people! I have also many new friends on the website and many of you seem like dear friends and we talk regularly! This is so nice in the times we live in, because we can’t get out and chat over the fence just yet!
I hope you have a great 2022! Let me know how you fared in 2021! What plans do you have for this year?
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty-five years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you.
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too, for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days) Update: Now I don’t drink as much coffee as I used to, but have added teas! My favorite tea blends are from August Tea!
5. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
6. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie. (How did I ever cook without an Instantpot?)
7. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
8. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
9. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
10. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
camera IPhone is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.
12. I am a YES-FIT addict!……Well, some of the time! I’m better in cool weather!