Hellooooo 2021! This is the eighth year that I have been doing a photo journal/blog of my travels! 2020 was a mess, especially for us travelers! I hope things will be looking up for everyone this year! We did do some interstate travel and discovered some new places for us and for the foreseeable future, I think that will be our plans. Compared to so many folks, who are in severe lockdown due to COVID-19, this must be a blessing…….
I still enjoy the SIX ON SATURDAY Challenge, hosted by the Propagator, and will continue with it. Its six photos. Of Gardens. Posted On Saturday. Easy Peasy. My Six On Saturday posts were my most viewed posts of last year! We are still taking lots of photos, but have ditched the fancy camera and all the extra gear. Now, it is just our IPhones! I don’t think our photos have suffered either, so that is a win-win! I think I will also be adding some fun photo challenges to the mix this year too.
I kept up with my physical fitness walking and walked many miles in 2020, reaching my goal for the year. I still love walking with the Fitness App, YES.FIT. If you are thinking of a way to get your fanny off the couch, this may be for you! Their first walk of the year is The Birthday Walk! Something new for YES.FIT this year is the option to keep track of all your walking on one walk and see how far you get over the year! Last year I logged over 1600 miles, which is a little below my average. The fun part is you can walk at your own pace. No judging here! Do the virtual walk and see!
This New Year I have bit the bullet and left FB and Twitter……they were just getting to be too much for me! The final straw was when my coffee company congratulated me on how many cups I had drank this year, the type and total! It sure feels like they are watching every turn we make!
At the end of December I started a new language with Duolingo. I loved Norway so much and want to go back, possibly next winter. So, I thought I would begin my studies……..If you like foreign language study you can’t beat Duolingo for a starter course! It is free……..it is fun……and you will be surprised how much you can learn……Duolingo has added many more features to their lineup since, I have been using it. In total, I have studied the Italian and French courses to the end, twice! Now, I’m on to Norwegian! Clubs are new and they meet online and are scheduled for the beginner through advanced. This way you can also speak with a native and meet other new learners….it is done with ZOOM.
I hope to meet many new friends this year. One of the best things about traveling is meeting new people! I have also many new friends on the website and many of you seem like dear friends and we talk regularly! This is so nice in the times we live in, because we can’t get out and chat over the fence just yet!
I hope you have a great 2021! Let me know what you are up to!
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty-five years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you. Great travels to you!
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days)
5. I think Akita’s are beautiful, loving and smart.
6. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
7. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie. (How did I ever cook without an Instantpot?)
8. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
9. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
10. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
11. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
camera IPhone is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.
13. I am a YES-FIT addict!