Hellooooo 2020! This is the seventh year that I have been doing a photo journal/blog of my travels! 2019 was a fun and productive year and we have a lot more travels on the horizon! We have discovered how much we love to cruise…….of course that is on the fabulous Regent 6-star fleet! This year we will be going to the Mediterranean countries that we have not visited before, for a month, and then to Egypt, and the Holy Land. We are excited about that trip! And, since hubby is now officially retired I have planned monthly “outings.” These travels will be closer to home and feature gardens and more. Atlanta has become our go-to place that is close by! There is nothing better than discovering a new garden or restaurant in my view! I have been doing the SIX ON SATURDAY Challenge, hosted by the Propagator, and will continue with it. It’s six photos. Of Gardens. Posted On Saturday. Easy Peasy. My Six On Saturday posts were my most viewed posts of last year! We are still taking lots of photos, but have ditched the fancy camera and all the extra gear. Now, it is just our IPhones! I don’t think our photos have suffered either, so that is a win-win!
I kept up with my physical fitness walking and walked many miles in 2019, reaching my goal for the year. I still love walking with the Fitness App, YES.FIT. If you are thinking of a way to get your fanny off the couch, this may be for you! Their first walk of the year is The Birthday Walk! Something new for YES.FIT this year is the option to keep track of all your walking on one walk and see how far you get over the year! I have already logged 69 miles since the beginning of 2020, but the fun part is you can walk at your own pace. No judging here! Do the virtual walk and see!
I hope to meet many new friends this year. One of the best things about traveling is meeting new people! The Regent Cruises offer many in-home tours! You get to meet the folks in their homes and learn their traditions and customs and how life has been for them. In the Baltics, last year, we learned a great deal about how it is to live under Communist rule! It was a real eye opener! Oh, there is so much to do and see………life just gets better the older you get!!
I hope you have a great 2020! Let me know what you are up to!
My previous ABOUT is still true! It reads…………..
I have been traveling extensively for over twenty-five years and have learned a lot along the way! My suggestions for lodging, restaurants, activities, etc. are my own. I am not paid by anyone to offer a review. If I like a place, I will tell you. Great travels to you!
1. I am a retired registered nurse. I worked for Flying Nurses……and that’s when I got the traveling bug. During my career I rotated to a critical care hospital in a different location every thirteen weeks with Flying Nurses.
2. My husband is a Naval Aviator and traveled the world. (He retired from the USMC after 24 years) We both love going to new places and old places too for that matter!
3. When we retired I got to pick wherever I wanted to live. I picked North Carolina so I would never have to shovel snow again.
4. I love cappuccino, mocha, espresso or plain ol’ black coffee any time of the day or night. (A holdover from my nursing days)
5. I think Akita’s are beautiful, loving and smart.
6. I love British mysteries, especially historical mysteries.
7. I am a gadget freak. I am the queen of kitchen gadgets and anything techie. (How did I ever cook without an Instantpot?)
8. I like to learn something everyday. The more challenging it is; the better I like it.
9. I am passionate about foreign language study, and study EVERYDAY. I am possessed!
10. I like to poke around in the garden and pull weeds.
11. I like to cook, but I am a meat and potatoes kinda cook. (Or casserole)
camera IPhone is with me wherever I go. I am always in the improving, editing, creating mode.
13. I am a YES-FIT addict!