Thursday Doors: Hvar, Croatia

Are you ready for some sunshine? I am!

We are setting off down the side streets of Hvar for our Doorscursion!  The island of Hvar, Croatia was my favorite place to visit on our Mediterranean cruise. To me everything about it was perfect…….the history, the  weather, the waterfront, the cafes, the restaurants, the people. As yet, it is unspoiled by tourists and traffic….mostly it is just Croatians that take their vacations here, and they come by boat. There are no cars to be seen here. That’s a two edged sword isn’t it? The people in Croatia want to bring in more money, but in the end the tourists will spoil its simplistic, rustic beauty and lifestyle. But, I won’t think about that today.  Let’s see the doors of Hvar! Past the cafes on  the waterfront, through the gated walls………

Keep Calm in Hvar

We might have a few steps to climb!

and shops to explore!

Hvar, Croatia

#12 is a three-star hotel………..

Hvar, Croatia

There are lots and lots of outdoor cafés!

Hvar, Croatia

and it’s also the coffeeeeeeest island!

Hvar, Croatia

Just the perfect place for a coffee………..right outside your front door!

or you can sit here!

or here!

Hvar, Croatia

I loved this door with the garden above it!

Hvar, Croatia

And if I could own any house in Hvar, it would be this one!

Thursday Doors

I hope you have enjoyed my Doorscursion and in Hvar, Croatia!

Follow our new leader, Dan, to see doors from all over the world, or add your doors too, look HERE!

PS I am away on travels this week (YEAH) so this post has been pre-scheduled. I will not be able to read or comment on your thoughts for a few days, but I will get to them when I get back! Cady

14 Comments Add yours

1. What a beautiful place. 😍

2. Sheree says:

Fabulous selection

3. restlessjo says:

It just looks the perfect place! And I’m sure I spied a pink building for Jude’s colours. 🙂 🙂

4. What a beautiful place … perfect to stroll around and have a (few) coffees while there!

5. margaret21 says:

What a charming place … and sunshine too!

6. Enjoyed the walk through Hvar, the pictures and the words building an image of the coolest place in the sunniest island of Croatia with the best coffee. What’s there not to love 😊

7. We were on Hvar island last August, loved it! We stayed away from the main town, in the gorgeous little harbour town of Stari Grad. We would absolutely recommend Stari Grad to everybody!

8. lolaWi says:

hvar is definitely on my list! love the blue waters and charming streets. here is mine: https://lolawi.blog/2021/04/07/dog-walker/

9. lolaWi says:

sorry linked in the wrong prompt. 😦

10. Toonsarah says:

Hvar looks as inviting as I thought it would be 🙂

11. What a lovely spot! I’m glad you and we could enjoy it without all the (other) tourists. 🙂 I’d love to sit at one of the outdoor tables and enjoy some coffee or tea.

janet

12. Dan Antion says:

These are great doors and wonderful street scenes. I love all the little cafe like spots. And the sun looks wonderful!

I added your link to my post. I was a bit late, but it’s there and it will get in the recap. I hope you enjoyed your week.

13. Ahh, my grandparents spent every holiday here, in September when it’s not so hot any more. I went with them too when little. There are some islands nearby, Pakleni otoci, correct? Such lovely memories. Thank you for that.